award winner event host and MC
Kieren Perkins is a hero of the Australian sporting arena. From Captain of Swimming at Brisbane Boys College in 1990 to dual Olympic gold medallist just six years later, Kieren has added an impressively long list of awards and achievements to his name.
One of Australias all time sporting greats, Evonne Goolagong Cawley has been Australian Sportsman of the Year and Australian of the Year. In 1988, she was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame at Newport Rhode Island and the following year, was inducted into the Aboriginal Sporting Hall of Fame.
- Australian of the Year 1971
- Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
- Officer of the Order of Australia
- Sport Australia Hall of Fame (1985)
- International Tennis Hall of Fame (1988)
- International Olympic Committee's 2003 Women and Sports Trophy
- Australian Sports Commission
Jessica Watson set out to become the youngest person to sail solo non-stop and unassisted around the World.
John Buchanan was the Australian cricket team coach for 9 years. John coached the team to a world record number of straight Test Matches (16 wins), consecutive One Day International victories (21) and set an unprecedented World Cup record with 2 World Cups and 24 games undefeated.
- Queensland Sport Hall of Fame 2009
- Australian National Cricket Team
- Cricket New Zealand
- Kolkata Knight Riders (Indian Premier League)
- ICC Cricket World Cup
- England Cricket Team