Starting your own event management business is a very exciting prospect.It also carries an element of risk which you can avoid by knowing what to expect and how to set yourself up for success. Our Event Management Business Series teaches you everything you need to know to get started.
- Why Start Your Own Event Management Business?
- What You Need to Know to Start Your Own Business
- What’s in the Event Management Business Series
- EM Business I – Your Business Structure
- EM Business II – Establish Your Brand
- EM Business III – Systems & Process for Success
- EM Business IV – How to Win at Digital Marketing
- EM Business V – How to Hire and Manage People To Their Full Potential
Why Start Your Own Event Management Business?
While it’s definitely not for everyone, plenty of Event Managers get the urge after years of experience to branch out on their own. More than ever, Event Managers want to:
- Have a career change and this is the next step
- Avoid the commute and work from or closer to home
- Have more flexibility to spend time with family
- ‘Run their own show’ and be their own boss
- Escape the confines of the corporate office
- Make more money
If you have the urge to start your own business and it won’t go away, it’s probably time to get serious about it.
What You Need to Know to Start Your Own Business
Flying the corporate coop means you’ll need to manage many of the broader aspects of the business yourself:
- Business structure
- Accounting and finances
- Operational systems and processes
- Promoting your business
- Finding and keeping clients
- Managing staff and suppliers
Depending on resources available, you can outsource some functions, automate others using technology, or do it yourself. Learn the secrets to success in our EM Business Series.
What’s in the Event Management Business Series
Event Management Business – I
Your Business StructureLearn about the pros and cons of different business structures and find out which one is right for you.
Whether you’re setting up on your own or in partnership with one or more people, it’s important to understand the financial, taxation and legal implications of being a sole trader, partnership or company structure.
Event Management Business – II
Establish Your BrandThis is far more than logo design and business cards. It’s about establishing your positioning in the event management market.
- Who is your target audience?
- What benefits do you offer them?
- Why do they choose to work with you vs another provider?
Event Management Business – III
Systems & Process for SuccessBecause you probably won’t have the departments and specialists you might have had in the corporate setting – accounting, IT, marketing, HR – efficient systems and processes are essential.
Find out what you need to have in place and how to use technology to your advantage. (eg Asana and similar for managing teams, Xero and similar for accounting)
Event Management Business – IV
How to Win at Digital MarketingDigital marketing is a rapidly moving landscape. It can be very overwhelming, especially if you’re head down managing events along with all the broader aspects of your business.
We break it down into easy steps, and we encourage the ‘less is more’ approach. It’s far more effective to execute well on thoughtfully chosen marketing initiatives than trying to do it all!
Event Management Business – V
How to Hire and Manage People To Their Full PotentialThe people working in your business have a big impact on success. Learn how to recruit the right staff, without the support of an HR Department.
Find out how to get the very best out of your people with easy, effective people management processes that keep them motivated and productive.
Take Your Event Management Business From Strength to Strength
The Event Management Business Series is designed to help you achieve the dream of running your own business, and give you the greatest opportunity for success.
This means a steady flow of the right kind of clients that you can serve best, and efficient processes that let you focus on delivering outstanding events every time.
Share this Post
- Here’s how to choose the right structure for your new events business
- If you want a fabulous event, get the Event Planning Toolkit for free.
- How to navigate your way through the maze of event industry acronyms
Share this Post